Services & Products
QCS provides dialysis clinicians with a complete electronic medical record (EMR) which allows clinical staff access to complete clinical data for dialysis facilities, through a minimum amount of entry.
QCS to stores electronic data which minimizes paper records, improves readability and makes retrieval of data effortless. This application provides several means of data entry which minimizes staff effort and frees personnel for other critical treatment activities. QCS is seamlessly integrated with QMS Focus to ensure complete charge capture and reduce data entry.
QCS is CROWNWeb Certified
Quantitative Medical Systems’ EMR QCS is certified by the NRAA HIE for CROWNWeb electronic submission.We are very pleased to hear from our customers that they are satisfied with the many benefits this brings to their operations, including the benefit from our electronic batch submission capability to CROWNWeb.
Complete and Automated Data Capture
- QCS Streamlines data collection procedures for dialysis units via a wide range of electronic inputs — direct interface with dialysis machines, commercial laboratories, etc., storing all vital information in one central database. By using QCS and QMS Focus, billable treatment data will be fully captured without the need of any extra data collection by the billing staff
- With the QCS machine interface, all significant data, including alarms, are automatically recorded in the application, providing the clinician the ability to electronically sign off on alarms and time-related checks
- The Dialysis Run Data screen, shown in Figure 1, shows a typical run sheet display, generated by the dialysis machine during a patient’s treatment and populated into the treatment log automatically.
- Figure 1: Dialysis Run Data Screen
Use of Information to Streamline Clinical Operations and Assure Quality Care
- QCS helps clinical staff efficiently set up and deliver dialysis care. This application has a wide range of reporting capabilities to help nursing staff anticipate a day’s activities: patients to be treated and their acuity for staffing purposes; medications to be administered; on-going problems to be addressed. It also has the capability to print medication labels for ordered drugs and lab draws
- QCS helps staff identify treatment issues with specific patients, having the capability of giving immediate feedback on various key treatment parameters immediately after treatment such as fluid management, achievement of treatment delivery, etc. This reporting is highly flexible and customizable. Reports can be produced for all patients, out of range patients only, patients for specific care givers, etc.
- QCS facilitates facility wide tracking of a wide range of clinical parameters. These include access status, census, anemia, treatment adequacy, etc.
- QCS facilitates periodic review of patients to evaluate their progression, status of specific problems and response to treatment modifications, outcome measures, achievement of care plan objectives
Figure 2: Patient Treatment History
Patient Setup and Scheduling
- All patient information is stored in the central database and is shared between the two applications allowing easy entry and full recording of all the patient's registration data in the billing and clinical application
- QCS allows for the recording of all relevant patient information-both treatment related and of historical health interest. This would include the assignment of patient care staff, any recent diagnosis or surgery, and the recording of relevant testing
- The scheduling of all patients is made easy through a simple data entry screen. The scheduling piece allows for the tracking of your patients and easy viewing for scheduling openings and availability
- QCS offers the ability to enter and track any and all access information for each individual patient. Typical information such as the type, location, insertion date, revision events, and termination date and reason are tracked by this application
- Along with the ability to record key access information, QCS offers the ability to track any and all events related to each access point
- Comprehensive reporting on the access events and vascular access history allows the clinical staff to track this information for follow up and care
- Overall analyses of all data for a clinic presents important information for enterprises to evaluate and report to others for quality initiatives
KDOQI Guidelines Tracking
- Because the application tracks all the relevant clinical information for the patient, KDOQI guidelines are easily implemented
- QCS offers targeted reports relative to all of the key components of KDOQI for use in our quality improvement initiatives. These reports would include:
- Hemodialysis Adequacy
- Anemia (See Fig. 3 below)
- Vascular Access Tracking
- Volume and blood pressure control
- These reports also provide clinic wide analyses for management and quality analyses
Figure 3: Anemia Report
Access to Dialysis Treatment Data
- QCS offers the ability to instantly access personalized dialysis treatment logs for your scheduled patients. This log contains all patient vital information, all current orders, and ongoing problems, and facilitates entry of key treatment data
- All the vital information from previous dialysis treatments is included with this log sheet and within QCS. All the essential information — such as treatment length, dialysate, Na modeling, pre- and post-weight, temperature, along with the ordered medications and scheduled labs — is recorded on this log
- Key treatment data are easily entered into the QCS application during dialysis
- Once a treatment is complete, QCS offers a personalized Run Sheet that will produce a record of each patient’s treatment with all applicable information that has been entered into the application. This information is available electronically but can also be printed as an easy to read run sheet that can be saved as the patient’s official treatment record if this is desired
- Not only does QCS force the care giver to address all pertinent treatment information in QCS prior to closing out a treatment log, but QCS also offers reporting capabilities to limit errors within the facility to make the tracking of the patient treatments more accurate, providing more accurate billing. The following reports are designed to ensure all information within QCS matches what is ordered and what is administered:
- Treatment Log Report — compares scheduled treatments and treatments given to ensure all patient’s scheduled for a day are accounted for.
- Medication discrepancy Report — compares all medications ordered and given for treated patients and will report on discrepancies between dosage ordered/given, or if an ordered medication is held or an unordered medication is given.
Lab Result and Import
- Laboratory results are directly imported from your laboratory vendor into QCS with our automated lab import process without any user interaction required
- Individual values (e.g., stat labs) can be entered manually, or can be automated. If ever the need presents itself there is also manual import functionality available
- QCS offers the ability to import your lab results by utilizing the health industry standard batch format of HL7. This allows for uniformity in the importing of lab results from different lab companies
Comprehensive Reporting and Review
- Along with the aforementioned reporting capabilities for orders, problems, and implementation of KDOQI guidelines, QCS offers a wide range of other reports for your clinical staff
- The ability to customize the physician rounding report allows for a personalized report for each physician or clinical staff member. It allows reporting on specific concerns for that physician or clinician in an easy-to-review format
- The online Kardex allows the clinical staff to view all the vital information for each patient. This can also be easily printed for review or to be placed in the patient chart as a cover sheet